LOCAL AND REGIONAL
* Illinois: Not changing its motto to the “Land of Opportunity” anytime soon.
* One of these things is not like the other.
* SLU’s Law School moving Downtown. That’s also where a state trial level circuit, a state appellate court region, a Federal trial level district, the 6th Federal Appellate Circuit, and a bunch of state and Federal ALJs are based. Not a bad idea.
* Is this the same Steve Patterson as in Urban Review St. Louis?
* CVC: Rams playing any “home” games in London would break their least at the Edward Jones Dome.
CVC tears up the lease. Then what? Kroenke moves them back to Los Angeles.
Real smart, CVC. Yeah, they can sue Kroenke and win a big judgment, but then the CVC will have the money and Los Angeles has the Rams. I’m sure the NFL itself would pay any such judgment, because it wants a team in L.A. badly.
* Finding out the hard way — There’s really no such thing as “Hispanic.”
* North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue punts on a second term. This probably means she thinks Obama won’t win NC again, for she rode his coattails to the Governor’s Mansion in 2008.
* Romney releases his most recent tax returns. I noticed that PwC does them — For all of Romney’s self-anointed business acumen, I’m a bit disappointed he doesn’t do them himself.
* A man’s home is his castle, unless it isn’t his home.
* The answer? Yes, if you want to partake of the education, and no, because more and more colleges aren’t recognizing college credits earned by high school students in non-college environments. Because it means you would have to take fewer credit hours to get your degree. The colleges can’t afford to lose out on that tuition!
* Remember, Ann Coulter just hearts Krispy Christie. Look at what he just did — And he ADMITTED that he made these choices for the sake of “diversity.” The only problem is, neither one is a woman, otherwise, one of them would have extra affirmative action brownie points.
Maybe one of them can become transsexual or transgendered.
* Rent-a-Mobs: It’s the Chicagograd Way.
* No shit. When you import cheating people from cheating cultures, you get more cheating.
* It’s wrong for NYPD officers to watch anti-Jihad documentaries. Wrong, because Jihadist-minded radical Muslims never committed any crimes or did anything wrong in or to New York City.
* Chad Ochocinco went to Oregon State. Only now is he getting around to watching a SOTU? And that was only by accident.
He was very perceptive to notice that John Boehner was about to cry.
* Bloomy’s food police amputate a black man’s leg for no reason. Thankfully, it was only in the photoshop realm.
* Why is this filed under “Weird” news? This isn’t about a three-headed toad that some boy keeps for a pet, it’s about the very real abuse of power.
One more thing: I think Governor Susana Martinez was the D.A. for Dona Ana County at the time. Someone should ask her about this.
* Serial Killer knocking off Pit Bulls in Houston during the MLK Weekend. How many more stereotypes can you work in to one article?
* President Obama once owned a Chrysler 300. Why am I not surprised?
As least as of the middle of last week, nobody has placed a bid on it.
* While they’re at it, they can just go ahead and file a bill to secede from the union and formally join Mexico.
* Think about this before you start thinking giving “disadvantaged” young people easier access to the internet is a good idea.
Hello, U.S. Attorneys? Using interstate communications networks to plan and provoke and accommodate violence? That has to be a Federal crime somehow — Everything else seems to be.
* Mark Steyn has said in the recent past that the American Federal government is the only institution on Earth that could use the word “trillion” credibly.
* Australia has never really had much of a Second Amendment culture, because of its history as a penal colony. But even in the state of New South Wales, the most Austraila-y part of Australia, firearms are selling like there’s no tomorrow. And maybe that’s what they’re anticipating.
* As if he’s the first young man in the history of modern civilization to lie his age upward in order to get into the military. Actually, according to the MoD, you can join at 16, but you have to wait until you’re 18 to engage in active combat.
* Saudi women will soon be allowed to watch soccer. I should tell them that they didn’t miss much.
* The SOPA/PIPA issue very well could dislodge a lot of younger voters and tech industry money away from the Democrat Party.
* The recent “unanimous” SCOTUS decision about GPS tracking wasn’t as clear cut as it seemed.
* The world can be more centralized and de-centralized at the same time. Predicted by none other than Sam Francis (RIP), so long ago.
* You don’t trust them enough not to drive without using your phone, such that you have to install this blocker doodad. But you trust them enough to give them the keys to several tons of fast-moving metal and fiberglass. Huh?
* Question: What if the student doesn’t have a “home school” and is instead homeschooled? Does this mean he or she can’t take the SAT/ACT tests?
* Don’t react too quickly. It says that this system is semi-automatic, which I have said all along is our automotive future. Even if self-driving cars could be perfected, there are too many legal hurdles in the way. I think the future is an adaptive semi-automatic mode that will adjust the car’s level of automated control based on the situation. For instance, if you’re on US 50 in Nevada late on a Sunday afternoon, the car will do almost all of the driving, but if you’re on a dirt road that doesn’t appear on a map, the car will require you to do most of the driving.
* Sigh. Angry Birds doesn’t cost us any productivity because those who are playing AB at work are probably doing it at a time when their immediate attention isn’t needed. But for AB, they’d be playing another game or goofing off in another fashion. If you work at a call center, and you get ten minutes of down time between calls, and you play AB while you’re waiting on the next call, do you really think that AB is decreasing your productivity?
* This came out of nowhere: Android tabs are up to almost 40% market share.
Since I own four of them, you’re welcome.
* High school baseball player goes on a naked rampage against his coaches in the locker room on the first day of practice.
He must think he’s already in the Major Leagues.
* Ahh, mothers-in-law.
* I won’t accuse her of racism, but I will advise that she has her eyes checked out. The Obamas, fashionable?
* Could we call this the empire striking back?