LOCAL AND REGIONAL
* Leftist hypocrisy alert. What, pray tell, is this “threat” to Wash U’s students from the immediate north?
Oh yeah, it’s that diversity which Wash U claims is such a strength.
Don’t they know that fences solve nothing? They hurt the environment, and they’re indicative of the old, antiquated, passe, and frankly fascist notions of borders and countries and nations. They also enhance the “I-Thou” relationship which Martin Buber and Martin Luther King denounced.
* St. Louis: Still going strong, in the STD department. The highlights: 2nd in chalmydia, 3rd in gonrrhea. Nine of ten new cases of those infections are among black St. Louisans.
Official St. Louis is blaming the internet. Well, the internet is just as there (in fact, more so, the left keeps reminding us) for whites, yet we don’t seem to have that kind of STD problem by and large. I wonder what this news will do to the movement that wants to “bridge the digital divide,” if doing so will only lead to STDs and flash mobs.
* Jane Cunningham is up to her old tricks again.
In passing, we find out that Mayor Slay admits that the “glass ceiling” to white yuppification of the city is the almost all black public school system. Once yuppies fall in love, (possibly) marry and then procreate, they look around at the public schools in the city, then it’s back to the same ole “feet don’t fail me now” mode of the last generation to two.
* Remember the name “Booker Ford.” For we will soon reach a point where Official St. Louis will never let us forget. “Oh the professional career he would have have but for those bells ringing in Forest Park.”
* There’s a fancy phrase for this:
For black American adults, perceived racism may cause mental health symptoms similar to trauma and could lead to some physical health disparities between blacks and other populations in the United States, according to a new study published by the American Psychological Association.
* Not like Herman Cain matters any longer, but his sucking up to Kissinger is moot in my mind, because any Republican other than Ron Paul and possibly Michele Bachmann would appoint a Kissingerite as Secretary of State.
* As for the current Secretary of State, well, I think she’s fixed for eggs for quite awhile. Funny, I thought the world was going to love us again. Turns out that people in one of our allied countries don’t even like us.
* Oh, Willard. Did you learn nothing from Watergate? The cover-up is worse than the crime.
* “Bud Light” being a double entendre here?
* “Thousands Standing Around.” Good one, Paul.
* Hey, cops. How do you like Obama now?
Remember, you’re only a prop when Obama wants to spend a lot of money or pass some sort of legislation.
Come to think of it, now I know why Obama wants more cops on the street, so his DOJ can have more “racial profiling” targets.
* As if there’s not already a glut of lawyers who haven’t committed a felony: NAACP wants felons to be lawyers.
* Someone I follow on Twitter has this clever suggestion:
Fill a stadium with inmates. Put all convicted sex offenders on the field. Strip the coaching staff nude and have them run end zone to end zone. Whoever can walk out of the stadium on his own two feet gets to keep their job after serving one life sentence per offense. Now that is a football game worth tuning into.
* If you didn’t already figure out cui bono from the European Union, this news should do it.
* That’s the bad news. The good news is that one of these employers seems to be hiring white South Africans.
* Duh stupid. Not a good idea to be uploading videos of yourself to YT showing you playing with guns in a menacing fashion when you live in an anti-gun country.
For them, the good news is that they won’t do as many months in prison as their number of years given to them as sentences. After all, they are diverse, so they’ll need to be back out on the streets soon to make Bristol, England stronger.
* It’s a Catholic school. Shouldn’t it want the parents of prospective students to act Catholicy?
Unfortunately, some think it shouldn’t. And yes, it’s that big white elephant in the room.
* Start at paragraph nine. I suppose “social justice” means something different in England than it does here. Our social justicey crowd would be making the polar opposite argument.
* Yep, and you’re going to keep having these problems until the civilized world institutes a naval blockade on Somalia.
* Afrocentric, All-Girls, All-Boys, and Sports-focused.
When and where will the Eurocentric school open in Toronto?
Oh, pardon me. I was so foolish as to think that Canada actually cares about its majority population.
* The (somewhat) good guys are fighting back.
What seems to me to be happening is that we have some odd bedfellows for a common devious purpose: The leftist censorbuggerbears, who normally despise the copywrong extremists with a passion, are latching onto the “copyright” angle in order to get their hooks into Ye Olde Internets.
* Olympus = Enron + La Cosa Nostra. That nets it out for you.
The last standalone digital camera I purchased was an Olympus, and since digital camera functionality is gradually being sucked into the smartphone singularity, that one is probably the last standalone digital camera I’ll ever buy.