I’ve got a lot of stuff here, so I can’t elaborate on some of these stories to the extent I would like and usually do.
LOCAL AND REGIONAL
* Drudge’s link to a story about people preparing for the End-All? “St. Louis” is at the top. Go figure.
* Mizzou and Missouri State get prominent mention here. Don’t look for it to stop. One word: Money.
* The Boy Scouts might actually be worth it, if they didn’t pander to Hispanics.
* P-D defends its calling Knockout Martin Luther King a “game” because the police call it a “game.”
Hello? Journalism. Not a cut and paste service for SPLD press releases. I thought the P-D’s mission statement included something about not automatically trusting people in power.
* Crestwood is a great place to raise kids, and the reasoning is that it’s 13 miles away from the home of the World Series winners, and its school district has the IB program, which I wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole.
* Yes, Illinois. We know you’re for diversity. That Old Reprobate on all the license plates is proof enough for me.
* This twit was something of a big story in KC this past weekend, when they weren’t going on and on about Black Friday.
If she’s mad now, she should just wait a few years: Kris Kobach is in the bullpen of Kansas politics.
* All four high school football teams from St. Louis County lost their respective state championship games, all to teams near Kansas City or in Southwest Missouri. This is the second year in a row when St. Louis was shut out of football state championships, and the Show-Me Bowl is held at the Edward Jones Dome, no less. Country Day, Burroughs, CBC and Kirkwood are the four St. Louis schools this year that came home empty handed. And it couldn’t happen to nicer schools. Country Day? Old money, arrogant as hell. Burroughs? New money, the students are often caught sleeping in the hallways, and arrogant as hell. CBC? Any high school that calls itself “College” is arrogant, but CBC’s football team is heavily black because it (illegally) recruits, IMHO. Kirkwood? Well, you should know me well enough what I think about Jerkwood. Kirkwood is pound for pound the snootiest place in St. Louis County.
Yes, I think there’s a racial angle to the football supremacy of Kansas City and Southwest Missouri. It’s a bit of a stereotype, and it’s not without its errors, but KC/SW football tends to be white, and St. Louis football tends to the “caste system” black.
Mac and Cheese is Sole Food — Let it sit for too long and it’s as hard as a rubber sole.
* Really. I would have never guessed. Whites in the Southwest are screaming “DUH!”
* When it comes to this row about sporting on Federal land, all is not as it seems.
* Another reason to come up with a different drug policy. My only slight defense of these tactics is that dope users and dealers also tend to be involved in violent crime.
* Yet another reason to come up with a different drug policy.
* Yankee Government wants to hire people fluent in both English and Ebonics. Why? The DEA needs help translating ghettoese into readable English.
Is our wonderful BRA Federal government somehow linking Ebonics and its native speakers to the illicit drug trade? RACISM~!
* You’re not comparing apples to apples, Hoft. Just because only 1.6% of active Occutards are black and 6% of self-identified Tea Party Movement supporters are black doesn’t meant that blacks are far more sympathetic to the Occutards than the TPM. The only kind of black people who go to TPM functions are speakers, there are almost none in the general crowd or audience.
* Most Republican Governors aren’t on the “Holder Should Resign” train, including Jan Brewer, whose state was most impacted by F&F. That’s disturbing, because that tells me that most Republican Governors would run Fast & Furious type scams if they were President. They’re probably already doing something similar in their states.
* Cue Irony. Al Gore is an APPL Director.
* This is a left-of-center writer; You can tell from some of his weasel phrases. But even he doesn’t buy into the Potok/CAIR bullshit.
* This news preceded the Edsall bombshell in the NYT that stated that the Democrats are punting on the white working class. Why would they do that, when the white working class was the important marginal demographic that handed Obama the Presidency in 2008, and will be crucial again in 2012? The answer is that the Democrats are giving up on short term in lieu of the long term. They’ll tolerate losing the next few cycles while they wait for their demographic time bomb to go off in their favor.
* Vermont: Mexico’s newest colony. BTW, Vermont’s libs all love their anti-corporate attitudes, so why should Vermont farmers need all this Hispanic stoop labor?
* The Bigmouth of Omaha, the one that says “us rich people should pay more taxes,” is suing the Feds over their almost two-thirds gigabuck tax bill on one of his firms.
* Wal-Martinez breaking through in D.C. proper, but in order to grease the skids, it had to promise to dole out a lot of affirmative action sinecures, and not sell firearms or ammunition.
First off, if all the D.C. blacks are headed to PG County, why should this matter anymore? In ten to twenty years, DC will be a white liberal yuppie town.
Second, I wish Wal-Martinez would get out of the gun/ammo business altogether. That’s because I want the retail end of at least one industry to be the exclusive province of non-big box small operations, the mom and pop stores.
Just imagine what the D.C. Wal-Marts will be like next Black Friday. I hope the people that run the Chimp Out website are there with HD video cameras.
* Krispy Christie opposed to national reciprocity for CCW. And NOT for the same reason that Ron Paul is, you can be assured of that.
I would have voted no, because the better way to get national reciprocity for CCW is for carry states to get together and form a uniform convention. If the Feds force national reciprocity of CCW, the next step is gay “marriage.”
* The rest of the world is finally coming around to realizing what I figured out weeks ago: Big city and leftist politicians suck up to the Occutards because they ARE Occutards.
* Now, Syracuse. The big difference here is that Jim Boeheim already ran his mouth off defending Fine, accusing his accusers of being money grubbing liars. Looks like Boeheim’s days are numbered. By the end of this year, we could have both Jim Boehim and Joe Paterno on the unemployment line — Who saw that coming?
* An 18-year old man, a Wisconsin college student, goes incognito.
Guess where he was found.
Maybe so, but that’s only part of the equation.
* Blast from the past. Relevant news now because Maxine Waters will now bring that Vashon Verve to the House Banking Committee. She will be the ranking Democrat now that Barney Frank is “packing it in,” so to speak. And she would run the HBC should the Democrats get control of the House any time soon.
BTW, I doubt Frank’s new redrawn district has anything to do with his sudden retirement. He could win it easily. If he didn’t lose in 2010, he could never lose. I just happen to think he wants to retire because he wants to retire.
* Romney: Phony. Proof.
* I’m calling bullshit. Obama already enacted most of the DREAM Act by executive fiat, and I’m sure Texas, under the open borders Rickroller, has an equivalent.
This is nothing more than the typical tragedy of a young man committing suicide for the usual reasons that young men commit suicide.
* They probably cross dressed because they thought their victims would be less leery around black “women.” Trust me, I wouldn’t turn my back on a lot of black women, either.
* I look at this story from another angle: The absolute bankruptcy and uselessness of conservative Republican ideology. It ran California for the longest, and look at what good came of it.
* Lucky reader, I did the work for you. It strongly corresponds with the heavily black parts of Miami City.
* Adidas will sell shoes for $1 in India, and still expect to turn a profit. So why are we paying $100?
I think this goes in the same category as a dope dealer giving a kid his first dime bag for cheap. Get ’em hooked early, then they’re customers for life, no matter what you charge.
* British immigration officers are going on strike? How can you tell?
* Black skin privilege. There’s your answer.
* Black skin privilege, Part 2.
* Because they are. You’re not really paranoid if they’re really not out to help you.
* Now it’s the cop’s fault? You would have strung the cops up if they would have done anything.
BTW, we hear that same canard in America, that there are more black men in prison than in college. It’s not true, as a matter of fact. That probably says more about the sad state of higher education than anything, with all its affirmative action and racial pandering. It’s also a sad commentary about our criminal justice system — If the system were really fair, many more black men would be in prison. The system gives black chance on top of chance to avoid incarceration. In a sane America, there WOULD be more black men in prison than in college.
* Gender pay gap? Gone in England, and in fact, among 20-somethings, women beat men. Will the feminists stop whining about it now? No. Black obsessives are still whining about slavery.
* I highly doubt this isn’t the first “racist rant” on London public transit. It is the first one that Official Britain cares about.
* Why do Australians love to vacation on Bali? Remember the Bali terrorist bombing several years ago? It’s insane to run around half naked on an island in an island country full of hateful Muslims who have an axe to grind against the white infidel.
* Euro failed. Nick-n-Ang’s solution? More centralization.
* Like the man named George wrote so long ago, some pigs are more equal than others.
* “No, it wouldn’t have to be Mandarin.” But it’s gonna be.
* “Group N may have leapt to humans from chimpanzees, possibly through the handling of bushmeat infected with the simian equivalent of HIV, scientists say.”
“Handling bush meat.” Double entendre?
Pretty soon, this strain of HIV will be in a “Saint Louis” hospital far closer to me than Paris.
* CO2 pollution — It’s a third world thing, you better understand.
* Head bumping a sperm whale. Not exactly “Bros Before Hoes.”
* Miley Cyrus…Sheesh. They say the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. For Billy Ray’s sake, I hope that’s not always true.
* ESPN does a follow up profile on the woman coaching men. I don’t doubt her football chops, but I am having trouble wrapping my mind around the “academic success story.” We’ll eventually find out that that was all faked up.
* In any other situation, atheism would be criticized as an outgrowth of white racism, just on the basis of disparate impact.
* He did indeed get a racial pejorative thrown at him. Just not from the group of people at whom this was supposed to be a preachy condescending moral lesson.
* More and more accountants are lying about having taken an ethics course. Which, in full circular logic, proves the point.
I get the feeling this “ethics course” is an outgrowth of Sarbannes-Oxley. That monster piece of legislation did nothing to solve the problem which led to its adoption, the Enron-Arthur Andersen scandal. That problem will only be solved when larger publicly traded corporations are forced to deposit the money they would spend to hire an auditing firm into a central pool which chooses and pays an auditing firm at random to audit the larger corporations.
* Sam Francis’s home town might be the new Silicon Valley? Be careful what you wish for, Chattanooga, you just might get it.
* The computer industry is being rocked by a shortage of traditional mechanical hard drives. That’s caused by floods in Thailand. Come to find out, most of the world’s mechanical HDs, including the major well known brand names, are made in Thailand, and the whole industry is reeling.
Where is it written that HDs must be manufactured in Thailand? Answer:
Thou must assemble in Phuket. — Seagate 3:16
The low-end Intel integrated graphics (HD 2000 on the Sandy Bridge CPUs) can run a typical Windows or Linux desktop or laptop at high resolutions comfortably for the things that most people do. The only people who really need add on graphics cards these days are people who do a lot of 3D gaming with relatively new titles.
* Remember, this was a keynote speaker at the Republican convention in 2008. Another censorbuggerbear.
Better idea, Joltin’ Joe: Don’t censor Google, but do disallow types like Muslims from the DR to immigrate into the United States. Easy button.
* This has been Kurzweil’s whole point with singularity. We won’t intend for digital machines to rule over us, but they will by default because we’re letting ourselves become so dependent on them.
* Translation: Mama’s mama’s grandbaby, mommy and daddy maybe.
* ESR has a seven-point tutorial on how to spot junk science riding over the horizon.