A lot of good news backed up in my feed reader while the surgeons were working on my snoot.
LOCAL AND REGIONAL
* Oh well, it’s not like I was the biggest fan of the Federal Reserve anyway.
* There’s stupid, and then there’s ESL stupid. No matter how hard you try, you can’t “sexually arouse” a seven-year old boy.
The suspect had it all wrong. He could have gotten what he wanted just by coaching football. Then the boy wouldn’t have been scared and run away, he would have let the Jerry Sandusky of East St. Louis do anything he wanted to him out of fear of his future football career.
* I guess Russ Carnahan actually believes Dave Drebes’s delusional propaganda, so he’s going to challenge Clay in CD-1-D. Politico has it wrong, though — Carnahan’s residency is in what is about to be CD-1. He lives in South City, and all of the city will be in CD-1. He was thinking about moving to South County to compete as a Democrat in CD-2, though.
* Speaking of Clay. You don’t think the proceeds from those 400 and 500 percent interest rates those rent-to-own joints make don’t go unused, do you? They can buy quite a few politicians.
Though if “da communitey” were a little more creditworthy, there would be actors in that market charging much better interest rates.
* Heidi Ho, good news — Deseg Jane about to be aced out of her State Senate district.
* It’s a white collar crime, for sure. But he doesn’t much look like Bernie Madoff.
* Yeah, maybe it’s the bad economy. But maybe it’s also the realization that St. Louis has plenty of domestic unassimilated Africans, and we don’t need to be importing any more.
* Amazingly, there is no objection from the state’s public campi. The University of California system won’t recognize college credits earned outside of a college environment, such as the AP. That’s because the more college credits you earn while still in high school, the less tuition money some college or university gets.
What’s going to mess this all up? If the KCPS is eliminated and the Lee’s Summit district is expanded to take in more of those Kansas City urban geniuses.
* Not just black men, it’s any men. Not only are elementary schools hen houses, any small glimmer of hope that men had to gain inroads in elementary education dimmed to absolute zero and dark thanks to that freak in the LAUSD, whom I am told showed up to work wearing Richard Simmons style clothing in most days, and also according to one of his ex-students, had a jar of vaseline prominently displayed on his desk, and his hands were always busy underneath the desk.
* Legal aliens who file false tax returns can be deported, according to SCOTUS.
As if this was controversial?
* The good news, Mr. Fish, is that PJB is still living. He’s still writing columns, maybe has another book left in him, is still a regular on the McLaughlin Group, and the best news of all is that you don’t have to endure MSNBC in order to read or hear his insights. Though Eleanor Clift can be a little irritating.
* I don’t know what you think, but I have this Mikey Weinstein figured as a real social outcast when he was in middle and high school. Now he thinks he’s getting revenge on the rest of the world with his little “no Christianity in the military” goober group.
* Why do states want to make Shari’ah Law off limits for their legal jurisprudence? Maybe, just maybe…
* Not content making money from half the population in a certain age segment from an unnecessary vaccination, Merck now wants to fleece the parents of the other half.
* Jealousy. The opening weekend box office for Act of Valor almost doubled its entire production costs. Some of the movies that won Oscars on Sunday will never break even, counting the DVD/VOD proceeds.l
* “Experts said the biggest fear is that these IDs are being bought by people who slipped past border crossings.”
Oh, now they’re worried? So what? Why are we worried that they have to procure a fake identity to stay in the country? Don’t these people bring that much needed diversity we just can’t do without? Besides, I thought this was all our fault for not enacting comprehensive immigration reform, aka amnesty and open borders. It goes like this: They have no choice to break the law because we bigots won’t exempt them from it.
* Why I voted for Ron Paul, but I’m going to the wall for Ron Paul. The picture speaks thousands of words. And it’s a big time public relations clusterfuck.
* Funny. I could read all this internet propaganda that is supposed to be “radicalizing” Muslims, yet it won’t radicalize me.
Try this on for size — The given Muslims were already radical.
* People say the most amazing and truthful things when they think nobody is listening.
Rahm is right. However, his former boss would direct as many Federal educational resources as possible at those students who will never amount to anything, diverting resources away from students who will or could amount to something.
* Heavily Hispanic Stockton, California about to go belly-up.
* Food stamps being used to buy guns, beer and cigarettes in Ohio, specifically Cleveland. The investigation focuses on “rogue retailers,” scammy fly-by-night corner store operations. But according to one of my secret squirrel sources, the mainstream supermarket chain in Arizona, Basha’s, (think: Schnucks), is allowing food stamps to be used to buy alcohol and cigarettes.
You’ll find in this story that the authorities are worried that two-year olds are going without while their parents have smartphones and expensive purses. Duh, genius — Where do you think the two-year old came from? Welfare meal ticket.
* Vincente Fox said it best. “Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico.” And where there is Mexico, there are Mexican drug gangs.
* First off, he’s wrong. At least 3 million illegal aliens voted in the November 2000 Presidential election.
Second, of course Democrat Congressmen are going to say that there is no “problem” with illegal aliens voting. Because to them, illegal alien voting isn’t a problem, it’s a solution.
* How it starts:
Eighth-grader Ted Phillips is athletic, artistic and gets good grades. When he grows up, he wants to be an entrepreneur, a football player, a rapper or an artist. He also wants to make enough money to buy his mom a pink truck.
How did it end? Like it usually does for every 14-year old project dwelling honor roll student that wants to be a rapper or an athlete.
* His name is Sotomayor, so he must be one of those “wise Latinos.”
* Of course cameras really don’t work. Cameras in the hood? It’s still the hood.
* Canada is making progress, but it still has a long way to go. I fail to see the necessity of giving a father a ball check for his daughter drawing a picture of a gun.
* Robert Mugabe: Not on board with the rainbow coalition.
* I’m putting this in the history section for a reason.
We tried leaving in 1861, but the Daily Kos people of the day didn’t like the idea.
* Stone Age Europeans were on the North American continent perhaps as soon as 26,000 years ago, and perhaps as many as 10,000 years before the first Siberian migration across the icy bridge that once merged what is now Russia and Alaska, that migration being the genesis of the Indoamericans.
* You’ll get the gag right away. If you’re in college and you have a prof who is into this postmodernist bullshit, hope he or she never sees this website.
MUSIC AND VIDS
The Hollies’ hottest record. Yeah, more people have heard and heard of Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress. Maybe what hurts this record is that the lyrics get lame at certain points.
BRA/Ruin Porn. No, not those “bras.”
Liberals see this video and blame deindustrialization, not enough public spending, and white racism. Conservatives see this video and blame big spending government and the “Democrat plantation.”
Sane people see this video and properly blame black social pathology and, as SBPDL puts it, Actual Black Run America.