LOCAL AND REGIONAL
* I despise Kansas, but not that much, and certainly not as much as one Mykel Dantae Karlyle.
* What does corrupution in the CPD look like? Well, you know.
* Philly eighth grader whacks his teacher. The President of the PFT blames cutbacks in support staff, i.e. fewer PFT union members.
Funny, when I went to middle and high school, I don’t remember there being way too much in the way of support staff, and not once did I see an on-duty uniformed cop at school. (There were off duty suit-and-tie cops who came for various assemblies). For some reason, I don’t remember students whacking teachers.
* Lesson learned: The bottom 80% need to start paying their fair share.
No shit, sherlock. The yuppies that aren’t childless send their children to private schools.
* Krispy Christie orders flags in NJ to fly at half staff. I’m guessing someone from New Jersey did something heroic and died in the process or some time later.
* We now literally have the food police.
I’m not surprised this happened in NC, and that the food police in question are NC state agents. Beverly Perdue (Obamabot) is the Governor, so she would poodle along with any Obama fad.
Ironically, the school’s lunch was probably less healthy than the one her parents packed.
Need me to spell it out for you, Captain Oblivious?
THE SPORTS PAGE
Athletes and marriage proposals have been in the news lately, so here’s one that suits me a lot better.
She pretty much had to say yes, seeing as her boyfriend was half naked while on bended knee.
* Tort litigation over concussions could kill football, so goes this theory.
I doubt it. Football is one of the lynch pins of Black Run America, and also the opiate of the American white man, especially the southern white man. TPTB aren’t going to let it die so easily, no sooner than the Emperor would have cancelled the chariot races.
I do think that football should take a season off while we do a collective catharsis of crimes committeed by and against football players, and also our collective ignorance of the same, prostrating ourselves to that cult.
We need a better running back. How about that?
* The headline is: “Behind the locker room doors before and after Lin’s game-winning shot against the Raptors.”
The byline is: Holly MacKenzie.
Why are we still allowing that?
Then again, in light of recent news, there are a lot of men that shouldn’t be allowed in locker rooms, either.
* Don’t be fooled. It’s easy to take a quick glance at this article and think that the students voluntarily forfeited. Wrong — It was the school, and the students are protesting.
It’s probably the first time in their lives when some adult in a position of authority over the public schools they attend have transmitted the message that there is a purpose to public education other than team sports.