Don’t look for much blogging from me this weekend.
I am officially legal as of tomorrow. Legal, to be President of the United States, that is. I’ve got the age, now all I need is money and credibility. Those are much harder to come by. Oh, what I wouldn’t give to be 34 again.
LOCAL AND REGIONAL
* I mentioned this edifice a few days ago, in that I ate there after I took the SATs at SLU. There were plans to tear it down, but Starbucks and Shitpotle to the rescue.
* Fulton, Missouri is known for its college commencement speakers. Winston Churchill’s famous “Iron Curtain” speech at Westiminster College begat many other famous world leaders speaking there. As if they were feeling the heat, William Woods University, also in Fulton, has nabbed Val Kilmer to address the Class of 2012.
* And you wonder why we want photo ID to vote.
* NICS background check data. Make of it what you will, I don’t have much commentary, but to say that there hasn’t been a month with under 966,000 checks since Obama was elected.
* Isn’t it nice to have friends in high places?
All snark aside, the Massachusetts court system probably isn’t being any more lenient with him than they would any other illegal alien in a similar situation.
* It’s obvious what this is, a feeble attempt to get Maryland’s blacks to vote for him instead of Ben Cardin in the Democrat Primary because the Senate has no blacks. But does Mr. Muse not realize the fire with which he’s playing by singling out the Jews?
* The Chicago Way: $7b to create 30k jobs. That comes to $233k per job. I doubt each of these jobs will pay anywhere close to $233k/yr, though.
* Merah: A stool pidgeon for French intel?
* IRONY ALERT: The sixth richest country in the world is leading a group of countries complaining about rich countries.
* An Australian study pours cold water all over the notion that younger students need homework.
I’m dubious about the study’s methodology, because I don’t think they controlled for the most important factor in determining academic achievement: Race.
* ALP wiped out in Queensland, but I don’t write anything into it. Why? Queensland is Australia’s most conservative state. Its existing ALP ruling majority was an aberration.
* The first paragraph is money. What have I been saying here since the very early days of this blog? Words are cheaper than dirt, actions have consequences.
* “None fell so pure of crime.”
* What if it wants to stick its head in the sand? Then you’re going nowhere.
* Yeah, I’ll buy. I’ll buy it, a bag of Skittles and a can of Arizona Iced Tea, just to confuse the clerk.
* Unless you’re a ho, then it would be the job.
* Remember, the opposite of derive is integrate. You know I’m not a big fan of integration. I’m trying to come up with the idea double entendre play on words for a great punchline.
* She got a hippopotamus for Christmas.