LOCAL AND REGIONAL
* MMAer vs vodka thief. Guess who won.
* Put all your illegal business on Facebook, dummies. See if I care. (Even if the cops do.)
* Don’t think that so many Walgreens getting robbed all of a sudden is some sort of cluster. It’s just that there are so many damned Walgreens these days that it could easily be just a coincidence.
* The down side of the North Dakota oil boom. You might think “Missouri men” going there to seek work means people who look like your blogmeister, but read on.
* Bad guys vs pizza delivery. Bad guys win.
* Bad guys vs pizza delivery. Pizza wins.
* So they’re gonna be that way, huh? Let’s run them through the scanners so we can laugh at their less than spectacular equipment.
* Decline and Fall of the English language, here in vibrant, diverse America.
* We get no pic of Eddie Jones III, even though he’s a New Jersey prison guard, and a pic is probably on his personnel file. But we do have: (A) An obligatory black reporter, and (B) Him doing an interview with Jones’s ebonics-speaking cousin, to confirm.
* Dipshits. Officially, the Federal government doesn’t officially classify “hate groups.” That’s the Southern Poverty Law Center’s “job.”
* Guess who Charles Schumer wants to knock on his door should they ever have any problems. That and Biden running the “gun control” “blue ribbon panel” is why I can all but assure you that “gun control” is going nowhere, and they know it.
* This is reminiscent of the Postmodernist Essay Generator. You’ll have to re-enter the URL directly into your browser’s URL bar every time you want a new Thomas Loopy Friedman op-ed; you just can’t re-load an existing op-ed. John Engelman on AR would love this, except he’s more a Paul Krugman than a Loopy Friedman fan. Also, have fun with it while you can, because I’m sure the NYT will scream copyright DMCA takedown.
* Young man pays attention in school, gets arrested. You’ll never guess — New Jersey. This time, the cops aren’t biting.
* It WAS like a Norman Rockwell painting. Until diversity came a’knockin. To that one smiling in his mugshot: Smile while you can, because from what I hear, prison has a way of turning smiles into frowns.
Oh well, at least the city is vibrant. And also…food and restaurants.
Jackson squirmed, and even oddly tried to blame gun ranges for the massacre: “You know, I think about Newtown, for example, they have three or four gun ranges. Now, there are no gun ranges in Chicago. [They] have almost no unemployment. … Newtown is so different than the complexity of the urban crisis.”
So “no gun ranges” in Chicago explains why Chicago has no murders. (Footnote: Sailer noted that Chicago the city proper had more homicides just in 2012 than there were the fatal victims of mass shootings in the whole country in the last 30 years.)
* To Africa we go. Remember, Vietnam started with “advisers.”
* Uh oh, we’ve just abandoned our embassy in that known superpower, the Central African Republic.
* So? What do they expect us to do about it? We can’t do anything about it, when China covers our budget deficit and makes most of what we “need” and get from Wal-Martinez.
* It didn’t reach American territory…yet. It was designed to…for sure.
* Dumping money in the Caymans to avoid taxes? All the cool kids are doing it. However, it’s only really a crime when a Republican does it.
* Smartwatches? Already done. It’s just that the iCabal will get more media hoo-haw from theirs.
* Nope, I wasn’t imagining things, when I noticed that adult media advertisements are advertising people to start getting into comic books. For instance, Marvel Comics is running ads on news radio and sports talk radio around here, and I’m sure in a lot of other cities.
* The young son of NBA player Chris Paul had his very first date on Thursday night. He took some girl to a Clippers game. Somehow, he was able to score expensive court-side seats.