The panic in the financial markets yesterday was comparable to the riots on the Fergaza Strip. They were white collar riots.
(1) In both places, someone did something that both groups of people despised. A white cop accosted a black criminal suspect and then had to save his own life by ending his. The people of a country voted to exit a continental unification treaty.
(2) In both places, the dominant groups demonstrated power by being destructive. On the Fergaza strip, the locals burned and broke things. In the financial market, the people involved in it used pens, phones and keystrokes to destroy untold billions in illusory assets.
(3) In both instances, the destruction almost entirely negatively affected the group that did the destruction and not much beyond that. On the Fergaza Strip, the black dindus burned the businesses which serve them in their area. In the financial market, the white collar dindus destroyed a good chunk of the illusory net wealth of the high net worth individuals they serve.
(4) In both instances, not counting the external provocation and worldwide connectivity that kept the Fergaza Strip hoopla going for longer than it otherwise would have, the chimpouts wear themselves out after 72 hours.
(5) Common denominator: George Soros.