And other related sundries.
* NYT upset that conservatives “own” words like “freedom” and “liberty,” the P-D is upset that patriots are calling themselves patriots. The P-D story is already two weeks old, but I thought of it when I read the already week old NYT story. These people are winning just about everything, yet they’re mad that their supposed opposition owns a few words. They should be glad that that’s all their opposition cares about, empty rhetoric. I’ve heard the black reasoning about the n-word double standard, and it goes along the lines of “we own the word.” Well, good for you, Sambo. You own a word. Just not much of anything else.
* Executive summary: Your parents’ “values” were unilateral disarmament and universalist trope.
* Is that so, Jeff Flakey? You still haven’t answered my question of three years ago. You know, the one to explain why you want to flood the country with billions of people (“comprehensive immigration reform,” Flake was one of the Gang of Eight), yet you and your sons like to go on survivalist-type vacations to unoccupied ocean islands.
* Shaun King really shouldn’t waste time fantasizing about violent revolution. The main reason why it’s an even bigger waste of time for him and his ilk to do so than for us to do so is that unlike us, that sector of the political universe is against guns. People who would be defending a Trump-led Federal government, both officially and unofficially, do believe in guns.
* No, it is not Obama’s Ukraine policy. The only reason you think it is, is because you’re taking Obama’s public statements. You’re not paying attention to the actions and revealed preferences of the Deep State, the Kagan-Nuland married couple, and many others.
* I take this to mean that Trump himself is behind this, pressuring the platform committee to include a plank calling for the restoration of Glass-Steagall. While the platform is a meaningless piece of paper, if Trump is deploying Manafort to see that it has this that or the other in it, it means Trump wants to see them actually occur.