Yesterday was my mother’s birthday, 78 years young. That’s why you’re getting your Sunday Wrap-Up on Garfield’s least favorite day of the week.
LOCAL AND REGIONAL
* While our minds were involved with everything else, this week, what turned out to be an EF4 blew through Perry County and edged Perryville itself.
Okay, you’re all hung over from the weekend. Waterboarding, and September 11.
* Yes, that’s what we used to call them. Before PC started fucking with us.
* The bad news? Just thinking things through with legal reasoning, I think it would be very difficult to get a murder conviction, even with a rational jury. This is why, if his charges are upgraded, they’ll be to some level just short of murder.
* Pharmaceutical desert, Chicago. Seriously.
* They say Russia is the country we have to worry about when it comes to meddling. But it’s not Russia. It’s a country much closer to home, in fact, we share a border with it, and furthermore, a good percentage of it is already here.
* Loretta Lynch is an attorney, and therefore, is an officer of the judicial system of whatever state’s bar has admitted her. She knows that she’s not legally allowed to professionally advise her clients to violate the law.
* SJWs vs SJWs on craft beer. I wonder if there’s a way for all the SJWs to lose and the beer to win.
* Okay now, when do we quit talking about this problem and solving the problem as if it’s actually a problem? Or are we just going to keep talking and writing about the problem just to make ourselves feel better, because, in the parlance of that area’s keynote anchor industry, it’s a feature, not a bug?
* Wow, a big six months for this. And we know why ethnic intimidation wasn’t included.
And yet, one of the options they will permit is ESPN. Which has become MSNBC with ball games and scores.
I’m just wondering why gyms have to have so many damned one-eyed cyclopses to begin with.
* There’s the matter of “who are we to argue with black science.” But even if these seminal rituals actually brought about wealth, it’s not as if sperm cells are a rare commodity that must be acquired through violence.
* This isn’t exactly what I’ve been looking for, but it comes close. “What I’m looking for,” in case you’re wondering, is a either and endorsement or refutation, followed by reasoning, of a dissertation-level supposition I came to awhile back.
* The real story here isn’t what is advertised, it’s that some 17 years ago, a mother named her newborn son “My-King.”
* All wrong. You don’t choose cats, cats choose you.
* Windows 98 wasn’t usable in 1998. Much less current year.
* Speaking of 1998 and today, I didn’t know AOL IM was still even a thing.
* And from about that time, the DVD turns 20 years old this month.
* Yes, that’s right, and my generation helped reinvent both. Just not much of anything else.
* At one time, these things called “parents” taught these things. Now, “parents” and all their helicopter coddling are the reasons why these overgrown adolescents need “adulting” classes.