LOCAL AND REGIONAL
* The most visited national parks. Ahem. They’re leaving one out, one which with 4 million visitors a year should be in third place.
* The headline of all headlines.
* When you combine volunteering and reading books, you usually don’t wind up with the sum of Bell Curve City.
* May Day will have to come another day. Remember, there were some protests and some very minor damage in this neighborhood during the night of November 24-25, when most people’s attention was focused on the serious shit going on in Ferguson and Dellwood.
* Speaking of Ferguson and Dellwood, this is what #BlackSpring did yesterday there. They made sure they spent a lot of time at the former site of the QT, all the while showing the world that they are that dense and stupid, and have no sense of irony and no shame.
* Duh, it’s the 22nd Circuit, full of black and white lib judges, and the 22nd Circuit uses the Plan Nine from Outer Space.
* There’s a part of me that wants to cheer on these “young adults,” but then I realize their next challenge is far more daunting: Convincing people in the neighborhood not to tear the park apart so they don’t have to go back to City Hall to beg for more money to fix it again.
* He should have just waited for the next riot/loot opportunity, then he could have looted a store that sells these wheels, and nobody would be any wiser.
* Incidentally, this is why the NYT Census Explorer shows that mysteriously high Hispanic population part of south central Missouri — Fort Leonard Wood.
* Don’t worry, they’ll end up back in that cemetery very soon, only this time, they’ll stay there.
This card is also accepted in Ferguson.
* The first post-Baltimore ook-on-cop revenge attack, out of Houston.
* “Body found in a truck cab.” Reminds me of the burned body of Deandre Joshua found in his burned car on the Fergaza Strip after the November 24-25 riots. That case hasn’t been solved yet, but the chit chat is that he was murdered for “snitching,” i.e. being one of the grand jury witnesses whose testimony meant that Darren Wilson wasn’t charged. Maybe something like that is at work here, too.
* And this, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, cats and dogs, is why they have nothing.
* Martin O’Malley for President, because, we’re not wasting enough money on cities and the black undertow that lives there.
* The bail set for one of the arrested protesters is higher than that for the six arrested cops. ZOMG RACISM~!!!!!1 (Small print: Insert rational explanation here)
* Labor shortages?
* Well why not? Voting, and rights, and equality, and a nation of immigrants, and huddled masses, and proposition nation, and all that.
* Import a bunch of low IQ brown peasants, and, surprise…
* How one dead mall came back to “life.”
* His mouth says one thing, his gang banger legislation said another.
* What do you get when you combine Razatards and HandsUpDontShooters?
* Whatchya doin’, Rabbi?
* Oh yes, it’s coming. Even if SCOTUS somehow miraculously doesn’t foist gay “marriage” on the whole country by kritarch fiat some time in June, I would expect this to start happening in the next ten years. It happened to the white private schools in the South, so why wouldn’t it happen in this case?
* More and more people are starting to notice Jim Webb. He won’t win the Democrat nomination precisely because he’s semi-sane. But what I knew but sorta forgot is that he was also Navy Secretary in the latter part of Reagan’s second term. Jim Webb will therefore no sooner win the Democrat Presidential nomination than Oliver North will. Then there’s the matter of Webb being at the rock bottom of the progressive stack.
* It is very tempting to think that it’s going to be impossible for HRC to run as both a continuation of her husband and against her husband at the same time. But it’s very easy to speak with a forked tongue if the media never take close up pictures of your mouth.
* I’ve dealt with this kind of story before. I will add that if 69% can’t, it means that 31% can. I don’t even think 31% of military age young adults during WWII were in active combat. But what’s really going on here is that “military readiness” and “national defense” is just the sweet nothing rationalization we whisper in each other’s ears when we’re supposed to be really hot for a cause. We passed a whole interstate highway act on that basis.
* The months-old talk that Obama wants to be the new Al Sharpton after January 20, 2017 is starting to pick up steam.
* When all else fails. That reminds me, I have to renew my call letters this fall.
* Don’t feel bad. St. Louis doesn’t get BBQ, either.
* Hmm, sounds like what Baltimore is going to have to do.
* They really were stuck in deep duu-duu.