LOCAL AND REGIONAL
* Sometimes, it snows in June. Someone wins the Powerball. Lighting can strike someone twice on the same day. And also, white crime in North St. Louis.
* It happened in McKinley Heights, which is an iffy neighborhood in between three neighborhoods that are either fully gentrified or gentrifying.
* Appears to me to be about equal parts culpability on both sides. What I did notice is that she’s now 24, the whole series events started in May 2012, four years ago, when she was still a high school student. Meaning she was still in high school at age 20. Further down, you find out why.
* Congrats to our buddy and friend of the blog, Hard Right, for helping to make Columbia the seventh least stressed city (pop 67.5k+) in the country.
I noticed that, keeping with the subtle immigration theme, that the only top ten city remotely close to the Mexican border, that being Flagstaff, Arizona, has demographics and psychographics very atypical relative to the rest of the state.
* What are they fuming about? Handcuffs are an almost universal fashion accessory in Kinloch.
* “Refugee.” But he looks like any ole St. Louisan who had the baseball dream. And that’s the point of this obfuscation: We’re being showed the most native born white American looking refugee in order to beat us down to accept Syrians and Somalians.
* In my day, doctors and nurses and not cops were deployed to solve public health crises. Then again, in my day, “public health crisis” implied infectious or communicable disease, not taboo politics dressed up as medical science.
* In Chicago, they’re sick and tired. Here, we’re outraged. Sick and tired, outraged, sick and tired, outraged. To be followed by further sickness and exhaustion and outrage. But just in the generic senses of the words or phrases; don’t start thinking that they’re going to allow us to notice things.
* Vox has hired #NRx? Not quite.
* What this proves is that there isn’t any bias against women, it’s that there’s bias for women. Because if women whose voices are digitally altered to sound like men don’t get as far in the interview process, it means that HR is considering their resumes as men, and are not that impressed. Which also means that when they actually do use their real woman’s voice, it tells HR that this is a woman so you better kinda push her up the ladder. In related news — Though we know that the chief enabler of this age discrimination is H-1B.
* One really good point that Levin seems to make but Murray seems to gloss over is something that really jumps out at me: We’re experience Peak Baby Boomer.
* I myself have never really been that impressed with Bill Clinton’s vaunted political skills. I just happen to think that he benefited from weak opposition and a slavish media. Besides, his political skills couldn’t help his wife beat Baraq Obama in 2008 and couldn’t help her blow away Bern this year. And you can’t blame that all on Hillary being the candidate instead of Bill, because I think the outcomes would have been the same if it was Bill instead of Hillary in 2008 and 2016.
* With this, Milo is thinking with his head, the wrong one. No way it will be that high. But I think it will be a significant chunk, and more than the actual percent of the vote, this thing has probably already started to cut down on the money flow between gay donors and the Democrat Party. I think that’s one of the reasons why the blue team is pushing this ZOMG GUN GUN GUN diversion mightily, because they’re trying to keep the money flow from drying up, because they’re hoping that ZOMG GUN GUN GUN makes the gay donors who have closed their purses forget that another blue team constituency slaughtered a few dozen of them.
* Diversity is as diversity does. The winner is the man who himself gave Rangel two races for his life in recent years.
* The interesting takeaway from her rant isn’t the bit about cops and soldiers supposedly being more dangerous with guns than anyone else. It’s the fact that she thinks that “no fly no buy” diversion that the Democrats are pushing hot and heavy to keep gay donors from noticing that Trump is dropping ten ton wedges between them and the blue team post-Orlando is an intersectional wreck. As we’re starting to see more and more within the left. Of course, it’s apropos, because the event which caused this political putsch/diversion/fundraising scam, Orlando, was also a blue team intersectional wreck.
* BLM = L and T black women. I’ve been saying it, you’ve been disbelieving me, in spite of the evidence.
* Almost two thousand years old, and they’re going to restore it so that it can start hosting events again. In contrast, American professional sports owners seem to want a new arena, stadium or building every thirty years.
* Turns out my decision not to go into the line of work commensurate with my education, or rather, the informal decision made for me, was right on the money.
* Golf is no longer a microaggression. I get the feeling that the energy for this came straight from the top, and I don’t mean the chief executive of the school. I mean the chief executive of the American Federal government.
* I knew that our beach fetish is relatively recent, but my guess would have been that our aversion to beaches until the note quite so distant past was fear of naval invasions.