A deputy assistant deputy assistant of something-or-another at DOJ has laid out a six-item criteria to decide whether Federal prison inmates should be sprung loose during Obama’s impending chimpout in the last two years of his Presidency.
The “standards” are:
– They are currently serving time in a federal prison and likely would have received a substantially lower sentence if convicted of the same offense(s) today;
– They are non-violent, low-level offenders without significant ties to large scale criminal organizations, gangs or cartels;
– They have served at least 10 years of their prison sentence;
– They do not have a significant criminal history;
– They have demonstrated good conduct in prison; and
– They have no history of violence prior to or during their current term of imprisonment.
Here’s the problem.
The fundamental problem with them is that whoever wrote them must believe this false meme going around that there are lots and lots of Federal prisoners who get 20 years just for having a little bit of weed. That myth is largely peddled by the liberTARDian drug legalization crowd and professional excuseologists for black crime.
Hardly anyone in Federal prison meets all six of these standards. If you have already done “at least ten years,” this means you got a sentence longer than ten years. And the kind of people who get Federal bits longer than ten years (being mindful of the fact that those that do are not eligible to be placed in minimum security facilities, 10+ year fliers must be placed in at least medium), are not non-violent people, or do have ties to large scale criminal outfits, or do have a long enough prior sheet, or had a history of violence before their current bid, or a combination of these things.
Really, nobody’s going to pay attention to these standards, especially not President Obama. He has one standard:
– The inmate must be part of the Democrat electoral coalition or must have a high probability of voting Democrat.
While I’m on this subject, Yahoo Snooze has this long spread about this matter, profiling a white woman in Federal prison, supposedly for meth. I get the feeling that they’re deliberately leaving out a few details. I am almost certain they’re profiling a white woman as cover for the fact that Obama will be opening the prison house doors for mostly blacks and Hispanics.