LOCAL AND REGIONAL
* Uh oh. Graffiti wars are usually a pretext to real ones.
* “It includes workforce training, G.E.D. classes, drugs sweeps and increased police patrols.”
Gee, like nobody has ever thought of THAT before.
And, not surprisingly:
“…the plan will require approval and funds from the city.”
Oh, I see. It’s one of these deals where they came to do good and wound up doing very well indeed.
* Why did he tackle the fireman who tried to rescue the last person in the house? Maybe King Kong here wanted that person to die. Maybe he set the fire in the first place.
* “Nuisance Abatement Vehicle.” Is that what they’re calling paddywagons these days?
* Uh, pardon me, but two hit records is not a lifetime of achievement.
* The C-e-C in question is in St. Charles, but the day care center in question is from Moline Acres, i.e. solid Bell Curve City.
* He emptied out his nephew’s piggy bank so he himself could be a pig. BTW, he’s only 31 but looks 50 — Too much “fun,” IMHO.
* Which is why I say: If you win The Big One, (and someone in Florida did last night), take the lump sum.
* P-D looks back at the 1863 forced exile of Pro-Southern St. Louisans. This part is interesting:
It was the city home of Margaret McLure, whose politics became fearless after her son was killed in Confederate service in 1862. Union leaders suspected that Pine Lawn, her country estate on Natural Bridge Road (and inspiration for the suburb by that name), was a communication post for rebels. McLure was put on the Belle Memphis.
So, what would become the Bell Curve hell hole that is now Crime Lawn was once the estate of a Woman of Dixie. How ironic is that? Also, I’m wondering if the surname McLure is where the McCluer High School in the Ferguson-Florissant District gets its name.
* An American asking “is it good for Americans?” When was the last time THAT happened?
* Nice knowing ya, Marco. Notice his support even among Hispanics is dropping, even though they’re telling us we need to pass amnesty to appeal to Hispanics.
* While everyone’s paying attention to the Senate Gang, there’s a House Gang that just reached a deal on an immigration bill.
* There are good ID thieves, and then there are bad ID thieves. However, give these two their due: They’re probably a notch or two above out and outright ghetto, because if they were, they wouldn’t have gone out for steak, they would have hot footed it to the 365BellCurve fast feeder.
* This kind of scenario is good news for the headhunters, because their intended targets can’t put up any real resistance. But it’s bad news for the headhunted, because it means a naked perp walk.
It’s also bad news for the other patrons, as their gay group orgies are interrupted.
Ooh, I didn’t just say that, did I? Have I gone too far, or have I not gone far enough?
* Oh well, it means we have one fewer world citizen in our midst. If a car didn’t get him in Oregon, a drug thug would have gotten him in Central America.
* “Giang Nguyen” — Kind of a strange name for your friendly USPS letter carrier from northern Wisconsin to have.
* Eric Holder out, Deval Patrick in at DOJ? That’s like going from the frying pan to the fire. OTOH, it would probably set up Patrick as the next great mulatto hopeychanger.
* Lost the desire? When did they ever really have it?
* “Showcasing African culture.” Well, isn’t that pretty much all of Detroit already?
* Don’t worry. It’s just Oregon getting more vibrant.
* And I doubt the “teens” in question were Asian.
* It’ll be just our luck that one of them finds their way here and runs for President.
* The net consequences of their actions were that Somalians were returned to Somalia. They should give them a Congressional Medal of Freedom, not a Federal prison sentence.
* No can fly the flag of England in parts of England. It’s that whole “demography is destiny” thing. Or it could be that whole “useless white traitor truckler” thing.
* His first name is “Goodluck.” Is his older brother named “Goodnight?”
* Looks like India is screwing us over on generic drugs.
* Okay, so when do I get to carry one around in my pocket?
* Nagging HBD:
In all hunter-gatherer societies there is a sharp difference between the foraging strategies of the two sexes. Men generally travel far in search of mobile prey that they need to bring down with well-aimed projectiles. Women generally go out in groups and search for good sources of roots, ripe berries or nuts, which they use their acute powers of observation to spot and collect.
Without knowing it, golf-course designers are setting up a sort of idealized abstraction of the hunting ground, while shoe retailers are setting up a sort of ersatz echo of the gathering field.
Now you also know why the LPGA tour is heavily lesbian.
* Turns out that humanity might have taken up agriculture to keep up with the Joneses more than anything.
* “MLB improves senior staff diversity.”
And the dork in Orlando with a fax machine just popped a boner in earnest.