* Expect a slow pace of blogging here between this post and after the New Year. My last work related rubber chicken circuit Christmas “party” is Monday evening, and it’ll be vacation from then until the start of the legislative session in Jefferson City on January 8, save a rubber chicken circuit New Years Eve “party.”
* Today is a Friday before what is effectively a very long weekend. Therefore, it’s dump day. Expect someone to dump some big news this afternoon hoping that it’ll get lost in the weekend and Christmas.
* Next year I’ll have work related to four things almost in succession: The General Assembly being in session, then after that primary campaign season, then after that a likely special session of the General Assembly, then after that the general election season. Bacon…I’ll be bringing it home. Hopefully.
* Expect slow ass internet on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day after Christmas. Just like last year.
Lots of people will be getting connectivity doo-dads as Christmas presents, phones, pads, tabs, streaming boxes, “smart” TVs, laptops, computers, etc., and as if the internet was about to go out of style the next day, they’ll immediately have to start using the things and creating a traffic jam on ye olde internets.
LOCAL AND REGIONAL
* Harlem Globetrotters vs bullying. Which is kinda bizarro world, considering the Globetrotters regularly beat the Washington Generals by scores of something like 148-7 and do so with garish basketball moves.
But if it comes to pass, it will mean that the old P-I grounds are no longer spooky woods, spooky in more ways than one.
Yeah, that’s their real crime, driving a car without a license or permit.
But even if she did “want it,” then you still have the matter of sex on school property.
* “Needs more security.”
More like “needs Bull Connor.”
Which is why I say, I wouldn’t want to be part of a party that a majority of blacks or Hispanics like. Because I know it can’t possibly have my interests at heart.
* Remember that President that on his way out of the job warned us about the military-industrial complex? Apparently they don’t either.
This should be an object lesson to the TPM and non-beltway conservatives in general.
Stamping out license plates, not flipping burgers.
* It’s a long read, so save it for later. But it’s a long profile from a liberal publication that tells the truth about the woman that inspired Reagan’s phrase “welfare queen,” a phrase which Reagan didn’t even coin or popularize. She wasn’t as bad as we thought — She was worse.
The bigger scandal here should be that schools are gathering so much student data in the first place.
* They said South Sudan needed to secede from Sudan to stop sectarian violence.
Proving that the violence that was in Sudan pre-secession wasn’t really sectarian or religious, even though it seemed that way superficially, but just plain ole TNB.
Murdoch media in America quietly demanding amnesty and open borders of conservatives.
* Ditto. The obvious drop dead giveaway were the words “final exams.”
Easy. He didn’t pander and grovel afterward.